What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? From the gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke
Jesus said, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles, fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
Take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
Many will be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And the gospel of the kingdom must first be published and shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.
When ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day.
For in those days shall be affliction and great tribulation, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. Except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: If they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
What I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
So, what are the signs?
These are the beginning of sorrows:
1. Wars and rumours of wars. Nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom.
2. Pestilences, earthquakes and famines in diverse (many differnet) places.
3. Fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
What will happen to Christians?
4. Christians will be delivered to councils and synagogues to be beaten, and even killed, for their faith.
5. Hatred will grow strong. Even family members who do not share our faith will turn us in to the councils.
6. False Christs and false prophets will rise and try to deceive people with their lies and powers. Jesus warns us many times about this one so, take heed you do not believe a lie. Make sure what you are being taught is the truth.
When will be the end of the world?
7. The gospel of the kingdom will be published and preached throughout the whole world. Every soul shall know about Jesus and His kingdom. Then the end of the world shall come.
8. The abomination of desolation is when the beast, or antichrist, will sit in the temple of God and claim to be God, the Messiah and the savior of the world. This will take place in Jerusalem, Judaea. Those who live there need to go the mountains. Do not waste time gathering anything. Leave immediately. This is the start of the great tribulation.
When is Jesus coming back?
9. Jesus will put an end to the great tribulation. If He didn’t, the antichrist will end up either killing everyone or convincing them that he is the true God, even God’s chosen would be deceived. So, for our sake He is coming back to stop the antichrist. After that tribulation the sun and the moon will not shine, and the stars will fall. Jesus will be seen by everyone and His angels will gather His elect. As we learn from other scripture, the dead will rise first then the ones alive on earth will join them in the air with Jesus.
We have just read that after the great tribulation Jesus will be seen by everyone and at that time He will send His angels to gather His elect. Do not be deceived by false doctrine. Jesus has warned us all of these things to come.